Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Finished Cradle








Posted by Picasa






I finished this little project fairly quickly, but I am not the swiftest on posting. I used Valspar spray paint from Lowe's in Baby Blue. The white pique fabric has been in my stash for a while, I believe it came from Jo-Ann's. I have no idea what designer or anything, it's pretty standard. The interior of the bumper and the sheet were made out of a print by Annette Tatum called Prairie Sea. I bought it online at Sewmamasew.com. I used Wright's Quilt binding for the ties and extra wide ric rac in color 706. Typically, I would have not cut corners on this step and made my own, but it is about my least favorite step in sewing. Also, he won't be sleeping in this little cradle for as long, so I didn't want this bedding to take forever. Most of the time , I completely under estimate the time it is going to take to make things. The most pleasant surprise in all of this was the simplicity of the fitted sheet.

Since, I have been searching the internet over I have found several new sources for my fabric addiction... The aforementioned Sewmamasew.com; Hawthtorne Threads.com and of course my old favorite Fabric.com. Quilting fabric is awesome- hip patterns, cute colors. It is the perfect weight for bedding (duh).

1 comment:

Jennifer Werneth said...

just precious! i love the fabric and the color. yet again, you made me want to paint something blue:)!