Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sleepy days

I don't want to rush Drew's babyhood by one second(most of the time). I am trying to relish it all,all to often I am reminded of how fleeting time is. All I have to do is look around,catch one of his big brothers and I am reminded of how big they are in contrast. These past few weeks have flown by. My baby boy is now 7 weeks old. He is very cute and sweet. I love him so much, however I am growing impatient with the weight loss. Even though I have read on numerous websites that you should wait 2 months to begin dieting, I have to get in gear. Please don't barrage me with give it time comments (you two followers). I love fall clothing and I am NOT going to buy a new wardrobe to suit this bod. So the bod is going to have to get into the existing wardrobe. I wanted to be nice to myself, so I have been wearing maternity jeans (brutal), thankfully they are too big now. I have lost 30 lbs, but the other 25 are taking their sweet time. For you math whizzes out there, I gained 45 lbs, again, but need to lose more. I really tried to eat more reasonably this time, much to my chagrin the weight gain remained the same. Soooo... I am going to work hard and maybe by Christmas I will be able to fit into my clothes. Anyways...I truly am not as bothered by it as this sounds. I just want to buy a pair of boots and only have white skinny jeans that I can wear...I don't think that is the look I am after. You have to be on your thin side for white skinnies. Maybe I need gray ones. Or a dark wash. Whatever.
Did I mention how cute my boy is? I wouldn't trade him for a skinny bod any day.
His big brother,Jack is not feeling well... As you can see, he is under the table asleep. Cue the Dave Matthews.
Obviously, the "tree hugger" in me hasn't quite disappeared. The Frye boots, the Dave...I like to refer to this tendency now as bohemian. I do not follow bands anymore just trying to follow the Lord. That sounds pretty cheesy.
I have been working on some fun stuff lately. I made Drew a new sling, I re-invented Abby Kate a pair of pants and shirt(added a ruffle to walmart leggings and appliqued the shirt) recovered a lamp shade, and painted two lamps. I failed to take a pic of the outfit. I think I will do a separate post on the redo's. I have ran out of patient babies.

No comments: