Thursday, April 1, 2010

Its a Boy!

Well, it has been an exhausting day. I feel like all the energy has been sucked out of me. First thing this morning we had a visit to the baby doctor. We had our ultrasound, our little boy is perfectly formed and just beautiful. He is already very sweet, I can tell. I think he is going to be very laid back. Maybe from his positioning in the womb, he's stretching his tiny little legs. I was very surprised at my reaction, but I was just tickled to death. Honestly, I suspected this baby was a boy, but everyone else thought girl. Andy was amazed I can assure you. I think I am a little relieved, of course because he is healthy and developing normally, but I was so afraid that I would pass all of my insecurities and doubts down to my little girl. It's not easy being female, I have a lot of expectations for myself that are very hard to reach sometimes. The way that my brain over-analyzes and speculates, it is exhausting. Anyway, I know that not all girls are like this, some boys are, my poor brother Chris shares this affliction. My boys are definitely not like this, they share their Daddy's acceptance of things at face value. I am grateful for these little boys, they are teaching me. It has taken me a lifetime to develop these tendencies and unfortunately, the won't go away overnight.

Back to the baby, we have had so many hilarious reactions to the news of our boy. Mostly, they sound as if they have been kicked in the stomach or possibly lower, if you catch my drift. Some people are very kind about it.

Getting to see him via the ultrasound also coincided with his decision to make his presence known to me. I thought I could feel him moving but it was such a tiny little feeling. Now he's moving around and kicking and I can really tell. That is such a great comfort.

I am still battling some extreme exhaustion. I might need to have my iron checked. I felt much better Thursday(or was it Friday) night after I had eaten a delicious filet prepared by my Brother-in-law, Matt. Thank you Matty and Kitty Cole for the celebration dinner. It was ridiculous as usual.

Sorry for the lack of photos, next time I will do better. We are having a baby shower here Saturday morning, I will post some pics of that.

1 comment:

Jennifer Werneth said...

don't we all battle insecurities as women? i love that leah doesn't even think that way yet, and wears her bathing suits with boots and messy hair out to play. i know she'll find her imperfections one day, and i'll hate it! anyway, i'm pumped about your sweet, healthy boy and can't wait to love on him! i know i've said it before, but you make gorgeous boys! can i arrange a marriage for laney?:)